Web Development Process
We generally begin by identifying your goals for the website. Things that we are looking to learn from you include:
- Who are your current customers and how did they find you?
- How do you promote yourself currently? What has worked well? What hasn't worked?
- Who is your main competitor? What are they doing that we could learn from? What do you do better than your competitors?
- What is the performance of the current site (if any)?
- What are you looking to achieve with a new website? What features do you want? What would success look like to you?
With a clear idea of your goals, we can achieve the best bang for your buck within your set budget.
The look of your website is important because first impressions count. Except for our most basic websites, all our sites are custom designed.
Balanced against the visual impact of your site is the need to keep it easy to use. Website visitors do not want to spend time learning how to use your website. We make sure everything is where people expect it to be to allow them to move around your site easily.
The best way to get a sense of what we can do is look at our portfolio.
Website content includes both the words and pictures you use to get your message across on your website.
Online you may only have a few seconds to capture your visitor's interest before they hit the back button and go onto the next site. To make sure your visitors stick around, your site's content must be clear and compelling.
By looking over your current ads and brochures and asking questions, we seek to understand your business. Then we can write content that highlights what makes you unique and better than anyone else out there. As part of the copywriting process, we also research what people are searching for online and make sure those insights are included in your copy.
This dual approach makes sure people will both find your website and stick around to read it.
While the copywriting is being pulled together we'll be building the rest of your website.
- All of our websites are built to the defined XHTML and CSS standards.
- Your site is built from the ground up to be search engine friendly to get the best possible SEO results.
- After the content has been added the website is tested to be make sure it is fully compatible with the most common browsers and versions.
- A detailed statistics package (Google Analytics) is set up on your site to make sure you get the best out of your website with ongoing performance reporting.
- Your site will be hosted on a dedicated server based in Sydney at a secured location with generator backup to ensure maximum uptime.
At all stages we work closely with you to make sure you are getting exactly what you want.
Content Management Software
All of our sites are built on top of Content Management System (CMS) software. A CMS system will let you:
- Update your site easily. If you can use a word processor then you have the skills to update your site. Your information can be moved, duplicated, added, deleted, hidden, resized, converted and reorganised quickly online. Menus, vital to a usable website, are automatically updated. Footers and contact information can be quickly updated across the whole website.
- A CMS allows your site to be easily upgraded in the future. Additional features to be easily added in the future. A "new look" can be swapped in later without needing to rebuild the site. Additional features such as blogs, shops, news, or anything you can think of can be added in the future. Layouts tailored to particular devices, such as mobile phones or PDAs can be easily added to your site.
- Maintain a constant "look". Traditional maintenance of websites can often result in a confused and "broken" website design. A CMS ensures that content added to the site fits the look of the website.
Once your site is built, it is really only the beginning. After all, it hasn't made you any money yet.
We provide an ongoing service which aims to make your website an effective "new business" machine:
- Regular website reports evaluating your website's performance and suggesting improvements
- Updates to your website's software and features as they become available.
- Making updates to your website's design. If something goes wrong or technology changes and the site no longer performs as designed - we fix it! No Charge.
Not locked in
We do not lock you in with contracts. We only want you to stay if you are completely happy with the service. You are free to leave at any time. We do not use any proprietary software and all files needed to move your website elsewhere (or for backup) will be supplied on request at any time.