A useful way to keep in contact with your existing and prospective clients, email marketing provides relevant product and service information, articles, topics of interest and updates on your business.
Stay in touch and front-of-mind.
Why do I need to stay in touch with my clients?
Back in the 1980's, car giant BMW reshaped the way they dealt with their clients. Rather than just wave goodbye to a client driving away in one of their vehicles, they set up a customer care division. Their role was to create exclusive servicing deals and other ongoing perks that their clients could take advantage of. The results were happier clients who felt part of the prestige BMW "community", who in turn became repeat purchasers as well as ambassadors for the brand.
By regularly reaching out to your clients – both current and prospective – you're helping them to remember and trust you and your brand. By staying front-of-mind, they'll turn to you when they're next ready to purchase.
Why you should stay in touch via email.
Quite simply, it’s one of the easiest ways to pop by and say hello to your customers. It goes directly to them and drops your latest or seasonal deals right on their desk. More importantly, it puts your 24/7 shopfront – otherwise known as your website – to within one or two mouse clicks. Of course it also makes you look good, providing useful articles for your clients can help establish you as an expert in your field.
How do you email market?
The best way is with a dedicated service - like Potent Email - which has been designed to comply with the bulk email rules set out by Google, Hotmail and others. Using Potent Email gives you the best chance to have your email get through to its intended recipient.
Let’s put that another way. We’re sure you’ve had problems with spam emails, everyone has. Well, if you try and send a heap of emails to your clients from your normal outlook account (especially a Bigpond address) you will probably be identified as a spammer and your emails either blocked or dropped in a spam folder. This means that only a small percentage will be actually opened. In addition, some providers have a limit on how many emails you can send in an hour (for example Bigpond’s base account only allows you to send 100 emails per hour, and may lock your account if exceeded).
So, if your mailing list is growing (good on you!) you need to consider a designed email marketing plan.
Delivered, read and compliant.
Hosted on Dedicated Servers Potent Email is a very clever little system. So clever, it can tell you stuff like:
- Who opened your email
- Who clicked on which links
- How many subscribed / unsubscribed
- And much more…
On top of all that, it’ll make sure you’re compliant with all relevant anti-spam laws and best practices, including:
- Legally required links to allow recipients to automatically “unsubscribe” from your mailing list.
- Maintaining a “do not mail” list to ensure clients who have unsubscribed aren’t sent another email.
- An optional double confirmation process that asks new subscribers to verify they want to join your mailing list.
- The removal of old inactive email addresses from your mailing list.
But wait…there’s more!
Potent Email has loads of other features to make life easier. Features like:
- Browser based editing with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editing.
- Upload unlimited attachments and images.
- Preview your email in your own inbox to make sure it all looks good.
- Customised templates so your emails are branded and recognisably from you!
- Embedded images in the email, so recipients don’t have to click to download them.
- Personalised emails with the recipient’s name at the top (eg. Dear Emma,) to improve open rates.
- Online tips about improving your email marketing campaign.
- Scheduling options so your emails are sent regularly.
- Easy import and export of contact lists.